Monday, November 23, 2009

Book contest

I’ve been entering this weekly book contest ever since it started. And I never win anything

So. Ok.

Out of fun, when I comes to the 10th contest, I entered using Brat’s name. What happened? Of course, Brat was one of the winners! Now, she can’t stop bragging on her lucky name. Technically, yes, I won the contest (prize is a book). But still! One time try using Brat’s name and she won? The destiny didn’t conspire with me.

Subsequently, I entered using my name and no such luck. For the next few, I didn’t bother coz I don’t like the prize. Recently, I tried my luck again. And I won! Woo hoo! But wait, what did I get? I won myself an invitation to a cheap books sale preview. What? Lemme see. Brat won a book for free (though technically its mine), I won an invitation that requires me to fork out my money to get a book?! Where’s the justice here? Tell me.

Won a contest. Yay!
Pay to get book. Not so yay. In fact, not yay at all.

Destiny didn’t conspire with me.



p/s: I’m preparing to do some serious damage to my purse and my ears; not sure Mak will like me buying more books.



p/p/s: Woohoo, I just found a stash of cash that I never knew I had in one of my big magical bag’s pockets!

No comments: